Zander looking dapper in blue

Londyn looking beautiful in pink

Our twins arrived safe and sound on February 18. Londyn Brilie was born at 4:21 pm and weighed 5 lb 15 oz. She was 17 in long. Zander Michael arrived 30 minutes later, weighing 6 lb 1.2 oz and was 18 in long. My labor was fantastic, thanks to a perfectly placed epidural and only lasted 6 hours from the time my water broke until Zander was born. We went to the hospital on Thursday morning and went home Saturday afternoon. The nursing staff at Overland Park Regional Medical Center was awesome!

My midwife is a spectacular person. I am so thankful God put us together. She gave us great prenatal care, and was the best coach in delivery. I couldn't have done it without her- the doctor on call was getting impatient with Zander and would have given me a c-section. My midwife knew nothing was wrong and had the doctor wait just a bit and delivered both babies with no complications. She is the BOMB!!
Londyn and Zander are the most precious babies! If they aren't sleeping, they're eating. Londyn is very laid back and always has a smile. Zander is not as patient and has his scowl down to a science. They are very snuggly and love sleeping together. They also love sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's bed, which they are only allowed to do after 6:00 a.m.! Feeding them both at the same time is fun and very tricky. It's taken me a while to figure it out, but I think we've got it now.
Recovery has been great. The first week we were home I was spoiled completely rotten. My best friend (Brianne Lucius) was here from Wichita, and cooked some fantastic food, filling our huge freezer. She threw Hailey the birthday party Hailey dreamed of and spoiled us all rotten. There is a reason Londyn is named after her!! Also here was Douglas's best friend and family (Chad and Brittani Townsley). She cooked some fantastic food as well, and I think these ladies are the reason I retained the 5 pounds of pregnancy weight that I did!! Thank you for all you did, Ladies. My first week home was so restful.
My mom has been here since January 19th, proving that we can't live without her. She does our laundry and dishes, gets the girls to school on time in the mornings, and anything else she thinks needs to be done. If it weren't for all the recently acquired baby things spilling out every where, our house would look like a show home!
Hailey, Janessa and Kyzer are totally in love with the twins. They kiss and hug on the twins constantly. I'm so thankful the older three love the twins and aren't jealous. They are all huge helpers and love to do anything I ask, unless it's cleaning up their own mess!! They fight over helping me. If I can just keep Nanny from doing their chores for them, I'd have it made!!
Douglas thinks the sun rises and sets on these two little ones, just as he does the other three. He gets up in the night with me, and has even changed diapers!! He is the best support a person could ever have.
My only complaint is that my carpel tunnel problem is worse. It's a pregnancy related issue, so it will resolve itself. The hard part is waiting for that to happen. I bought a wrist brace and wear it 24/7 on the advice of a neurosurgeon. It makes a great difference, but I still have numb fingertips. Ah, well... the twins are worth it!
All glory and honor goes to God for His safekeeping and protection throughout this pregnancy and delivery. We appreciate all your prayers and thoughtfulness. We serve a great God!!

6 comments:
They are absolutely adorable, Rachel. So glad everything went well, that you didn't have to have a C-section. And most of all, that the twins are healthy.
Thanks for sending me the link and posting pictures. Take care.
Congratulations Rachel! The twins are gorgeous and great birth-weights. I'm glad you had lots of help - sounds like you are figuring out life with 5 kids. :) keep the pictures coming
They are very cute!! Congrats!!
Rachel, Those two are absolutely gorgeous!! So glad to hear that all went well ;-)
Love and Prayers, Natalie
Thank you, Ladies, for your kind comments! Life is very interesting with 5 kids, but never having just one child, twins aren't as much of a challenge as I expected. We just kick it into survival mode and go. God has truly blessed us, and I am very grateful. -RG
Gorgeous babies!! :)
Post a Comment